- This recipe makes approximately four cups (4 x 1 cup serves). Be guided by your surgical team on the serve size appropriate for you, but more importantly, how you feel when you eat. You can easily adapt this recipe to make an appropriate serve size for you.
- If you share the meals with family or friends (without a gastric band), they would generally require two serves of the recipe.
- For a change of flavour, omit cinnamon, and before rolling up, drizzle each wrap with a teaspoon of maple syrup.
Banana Cinnamon Wrap
potatoes middle eastern obesity drinking calories beetroot lapband Gastric Banding Procedure wrap bircher capsicum pizza blueberries banana recipe cinnamon healthy eating diet breakfast muesli weight-loss psychology mince meat salmon exercising chicken smoothie exercise summer diet and nutrition family reflux gastric band sweet chickpeas beans vegetarian food recipes wound care cajun gastric banding success vegetables lamb weight loss heartburn pumpkin after care Type 2 diabetes gastric banding nutrition
- 4 small bananas
- 8 tablespoons low fat ricotta
- 4 slices wholemeal mountain bread
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Mash ricotta with cinnamon.
- Lay mountain bread slices flat, and fold in half.
- Top each slice with 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture and a banana.
- Roll firmly to serve.