- This recipe makes approximately four cups (4 x 1 cup serves). Be guided by your surgical team on the serve size appropriate for you, but more importantly, how you feel when you eat. You can easily adapt this recipe to make an appropriate serve size for you.
- If you share the meals with family or friends (without a gastric band), they would generally require two serves of the recipe.
- For a change of flavour, omit cinnamon, and before rolling up, drizzle each wrap with a teaspoon of maple syrup.
Banana Cinnamon Wrap
muesli gastric banding success weight-loss cinnamon lamb chickpeas salmon smoothie nutrition diet and nutrition obesity middle eastern lapband recipes diet family bircher chicken psychology blueberries summer beetroot exercising breakfast pizza drinking calories capsicum vegetarian wound care heartburn Type 2 diabetes pumpkin after care Gastric Banding Procedure food recipe reflux exercise cajun weight loss healthy eating gastric banding vegetables banana gastric band wrap sweet potatoes mince meat beans
- 4 small bananas
- 8 tablespoons low fat ricotta
- 4 slices wholemeal mountain bread
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Mash ricotta with cinnamon.
- Lay mountain bread slices flat, and fold in half.
- Top each slice with 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture and a banana.
- Roll firmly to serve.