- For a flavour variation, serve topped with a dollop of yoghurt and a couple of diced strawberries.
- Hazelnuts can be replaced with almond flakes or slivers, natural or toasted lightly in the oven.
- Sultanas can be replaced with diced dried apricots, apple, pear or raisins.
- This recipe makes approximately four cups (4 x 1 cup serves). Be guided by your surgical team on the serve size appropriate for you, but more importantly, how you feel when you eat. You can easily adapt this recipe to make an appropriate serve size for you.
- If you share the meals with family or friends (without a gastric band), they would generally require two serves of the recipe.
mince meat food nutrition recipe pumpkin gastric band beans chicken muesli exercise banana healthy eating breakfast lamb blueberries after care cajun chickpeas cinnamon salmon Type 2 diabetes wound care vegetarian Gastric Banding Procedure summer gastric banding success diet smoothie middle eastern gastric banding potatoes pizza weight-loss psychology sweet weight loss obesity reflux wrap heartburn drinking calories bircher lapband diet and nutrition capsicum family recipes vegetables beetroot exercising
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Leave overnight in refrigerator.
- When serving, add a little more milk if too stiff.