- For a flavour variation, serve topped with a dollop of yoghurt and a couple of diced strawberries.
- Hazelnuts can be replaced with almond flakes or slivers, natural or toasted lightly in the oven.
- Sultanas can be replaced with diced dried apricots, apple, pear or raisins.
- This recipe makes approximately four cups (4 x 1 cup serves). Be guided by your surgical team on the serve size appropriate for you, but more importantly, how you feel when you eat. You can easily adapt this recipe to make an appropriate serve size for you.
- If you share the meals with family or friends (without a gastric band), they would generally require two serves of the recipe.
obesity family bircher pizza exercising gastric banding chicken Type 2 diabetes wound care pumpkin gastric band wrap cajun middle eastern mince meat weight-loss diet and nutrition lamb lapband healthy eating vegetarian smoothie after care capsicum beetroot banana muesli reflux potatoes Gastric Banding Procedure drinking calories beans salmon recipe recipes gastric banding success food diet exercise heartburn weight loss vegetables chickpeas cinnamon summer nutrition psychology breakfast sweet blueberries
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Leave overnight in refrigerator.
- When serving, add a little more milk if too stiff.