- This recipe makes approximately four cups (4 x 1 cup serves). Be guided by your surgical team on the serve size appropriate for you, but more importantly, how you feel when you eat. You can easily adapt this recipe to make an appropriate serve size for you.
- If you share the meals with family or friends (without a gastric band), they would generally require two serves of the recipe.
- Grill some lean meat for family and friends and serve baked potatoes as a side dish.
- Baking in the oven gives the potatoes a crispier skin. You can decrease the cooking time by pricking the potato skin, microwaving for approximately 3 minutes and then adding to the oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until skin is crisp.
- Think potatoes are fattening? Not true. It is generally how they are cooked that makes them fattening. Creamy potato bakes, deep fried chips and roast potatoes cooked in oil are high in fat. An occasional oven baked potato is fine.
Jacket Potato & Bean Stuffing
Type 2 diabetes wound care after care family beans lapband weight-loss obesity gastric banding success vegetarian mince meat Gastric Banding Procedure cajun blueberries drinking calories gastric band healthy eating vegetables weight loss wrap pizza chicken reflux heartburn psychology recipes exercise diet and nutrition nutrition potatoes bircher capsicum gastric banding breakfast muesli pumpkin salmon lamb beetroot smoothie diet middle eastern chickpeas recipe cinnamon food banana sweet exercising summer
- 2 potatoes, unpeeled
- ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup extra light Philadelphia® cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- ½ cup corn
- 1½ cups cooked mixed beans (e.g. kidney beans, butter beans, three bean or four bean mix)
- ½ cup reduced fat tasty cheese, grated
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake in oven at 200°C for 1 hour or prick skins and microwave for 10-12 minutes.
- Halve potato and scoop out some of the flesh.
- Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sweet chilli sauce, mustard, chives and beans.
- Fill each potato half with bean mixture, sprinkle with cheese and serve warm.