- This recipe can be used as a sauce for other vegetables, or served as a sauce with meat, chicken or fish if eating with family or friends.
Type 2 diabetes middle eastern recipes capsicum Gastric Banding Procedure beans food exercising chicken chickpeas salmon smoothie mince meat pumpkin sweet gastric band muesli lapband bircher summer wrap potatoes reflux family blueberries cajun lamb heartburn recipe diet and nutrition beetroot diet cinnamon breakfast gastric banding weight loss banana gastric banding success vegetables healthy eating weight-loss psychology drinking calories pizza vegetarian exercise nutrition wound care obesity after care
- Oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 2 cups mushroom, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 400g no added salt, chopped tinned tomatoes
- Heat a frying pan that has been sprayed with oil.
- Add onion, garlic, capsicum, celery and mushrooms. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Remove and set aside.
- Spray frying pan with oil again, add the zucchini and eggplant and sauté until softened.
- Return capsicum mixture to frying pan. Add basil and tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.