- This recipe makes approximately four cups (4 x 1 cup serves). Be guided by your surgical team on the serve size appropriate for you, but more importantly, how you feel when you eat. You can easily adapt this recipe to make an appropriate serve size for you.
- If you share the meals with family or friends (without a gastric band), they would generally require two serves of the recipe.
- Larger appetites (family and friends) may also enjoy a simple green side salad.
banana exercising family exercise gastric banding recipe pizza pumpkin middle eastern drinking calories potatoes chickpeas cinnamon healthy eating mince meat salmon recipes breakfast blueberries beans cajun diet and nutrition Type 2 diabetes lapband weight loss psychology diet heartburn gastric banding success summer food muesli sweet after care bircher vegetables wound care reflux smoothie weight-loss beetroot wrap gastric band Gastric Banding Procedure chicken vegetarian lamb obesity capsicum nutrition
- Oil spray
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g lean mince e.g. premium or extra trim
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon no added salt tomato paste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 small-medium, or 2 large capsicums
- 1 cup no added salt tomato pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut tops from small-medium capsicums or halve large capsicums/ bell peppers lengthways.
- Scrape out seeds and pith (if you have used small-medium capsicums, set aside the tops and dice).
- Heat a frying pan that has been sprayed with oil. Add onions and garlic (and diced capsicum if reserved) and cook gently until softened.
- Add the mince and stir well, breaking up lumps, until browned.
- Stir in tomato, tomato paste, ½ cup tomato pasta sauce, pepper and parsley.
- Simmer for another minute or two.
- Fill each capsicum with some of the meat mixture and stand in a baking dish that has been sprayed with oil.
- Add a dollop of the remaining pasta sauce to the capsicums before baking.
- Cover dish with a lid or foil and cook in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with a simple green salad.